Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Urban Beauty

I am reading a book right now and one passage seems appropriate for my blog because it describes NYC from a narrator similar to myself...

"...It's the rich fabric of my daily life -- things that barely registered before but that now feel sentimental. It's my walk to work and the silent camaraderie of other commuters swelling in the crosswalks around me...It's the sway of the subway careening efficiently along the tracks, and the satisfaction of flagging down a cab on a bustling weekend night in the Village. It's the burgers at P.J. Clarke's, the dim sum at Chinatown Brasserie, and the bagels at my corner bodega. It's knowing that when I walk out of our brownstone, I will see something new every single day. It's the diversity of choices and people, the raw urban beauty, the endless hum of possibility everywhere."
-Love the One You're With by Emily Griffin

Sadly the protagonist here is speaking in sentimental tone as she is about to move out of the city. I am the opposite as I have just moved in. I haven't even tried the restaurants that she has mentioned but I have plenty of time to do so, and that is the beauty of it.

P.S. Please note the cookies in this picture are courtesy of Eleni's Bakery in Chelsea Market. Kind of a random picture to include, but I think they exemplify the spirit of New York pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment